Based in Lewisham, South London we are recruiting for a room based Deputy Manager. Candidates will need to be highly self-motivated and organised, have experience of team building and a good understanding of the EYFS Curriculum planning.
NNEB, Cache, NVQ level 3 Childcare qualification
Experience of motivating teams and working with EYFS
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Some of the responsibilities of the Deputy Manager will include:
- Work alongside the Nursery Manager and promote high standards of care and education within the nursery
- Lead in the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum ensuring staff provide age appropriate activities in a safe stimulating environment
- Coach and mentor the team to continuously improve quality of childcare and education
- Ensure staff are effectively completing documentation, including children’s learning journals, observations, assessments, medication, accident and risk assessment forms.
- Manage staff deployment and rota’s.
- Promote and facilitate partnership with parents and careers.
- Support the development of good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
- Ensure that staff understand and adhere to all nursery policy and procedures.
- Partake in nursery show arounds, parents evenings, open days.
- Working 40 hours per week
Excellent benefits in include training, uniform.
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
For immediate interview please email Staff Match your up to date CV or call 0333 323 3983