We are recruiting on behalf of a well-established nursery group and require an experienced Nursery Manager, based in Reading Berkshire this role is a 6-month maternity cover contract and will commence from February 2018.
NNEB, Cache, or NVQ level 3 or above
Experience of leading and motivating team
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
Some of the Nursery Manager responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment, training and development of staff team ensuring all staff understand and follow nursery policy and procedures.
- To manage budgets, occupancy levels and KPI’s.
- To assist in the recruitment of nursery staff, manage inductions, supervisions and appraisals.
- To lead the team and support in EYFS planning and looking at reflective practice.
- To ensure children’s observations, assessment and development records are maintained.
- To manage marketing activities, such as open days, promotions etc.
- To have lead responsibility of Safeguarding and Health & Safety, ensuring all staff follow policy and procedures.
- To promote diversity and equal opportunity.
- To work in partnership with parents forming caring and trusting relationships.
- To ensure professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- To lead by example working in a flexible manner and promoting high standards of care and education.
Training ongoing support and career development
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks