We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Nursery Manager to join a lovely nursery in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire.
NNEB, Cache, or NVQ level 3 or above
Experience of leading and motivating teams
Track record of involvement in Ofsted Inspections
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
Some of the Nursery Manager responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible for the overall day to day management, planning and development of the Nursery.
- To create an environment which provides for the well-being of all the children attending the nursery
- To lead, motivate and develop the staff team
- To identify training requirements for all team members. To produce and ensure the delivery of the nursery training plan. To evaluate the effectiveness of all training carried out within the workplace
- To be responsible for people management including recruitment, induction, supervision, performance reviews, disciplinary process, grievances and managing absence
- To be responsible for the efficient financial management of the nursery, ensuring that it is a commercial success
- To work with and effectively manage nursery budgets.
- To ensure that relevant office work and records are completed to the required deadlines
- To ensure that the health, safety and welfare of the children are held to be paramount at all times. To include taking responsibility for dealing with any child protection issues, in liaison with the appropriate agencies
- To ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times, in line with statutory ratio requirements. To include arranging staff, cover and rotas
- To ensure the nursery is running to its full capacity by effectively managing enquiries, conducting show-rounds, operating a waiting list, as appropriate, and advance booking children's places to the required levels
- To attend out of working hours activities, to include training, staff meetings, parents’ evenings and special events
Pension, Bupa Healthcare, training, nursery discount
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
For immediate interview please email Staff Match your up to date CV or call 0333 323 3983