Based in Balcombe, West Sussex our client is looking for a full-time Nursery Nurse. Candidates will must have a real desire to work with children, either a level 3 Childcare qualification, experience of working with children under the age of 5 years as well as knowledge of EYFS framework.
Early Years Childcare qualification at level 3
Experience of child development and working with Toddlers and Pre-school aged children
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Responsibilities of the Nursery Nurse will include:
- Safeguarding children and ensuring that their welfare is promoted at all times.
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures.Compliance with the Early Years Foundation Stage, planning age appropriate activities.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Working as part of a team.
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Offering all children equal opportunities
- Keeping of development records and observations.
- Positive management of children’s behavior.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Supporting children at meal times.
- Participating in parent evenings, and children’s outings.
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
Excellent benefits in include training, uniform, and further career progression.
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
For immediate interview please email Staff Match your up to date CV or call 0333 323 3983