We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Manager to join lovely nursery in Walthamstow, East London. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on management style and previous experience of working in an early year’s nursery.
NNEB, Cache, or NVQ level 3 or above
Experience of leading and motivating teams
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Some of the Deputy Manager responsibilities will include:
- To work alongside the nursery manger and provide cover for this role in times of absence.
- To create an environment which provides for the well-being of all the children attending the nursery
- To lead, motivate and develop the staff team
- To carry out staff supervisions and identify training requirements for all team members.
- To effectively build and manage positive relationships with parents/carers, children and external agencies.
- To ensure that relevant office work and records are completed to the required deadlines.
- To ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times, in line with statutory ratio requirements. To include arranging staff cover and rotas
- To attend out of working hours activities, to include training, staff meetings, parents’ evenings and special events.
- To work 40 hours per week.
Training, ongoing support and career development
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
For immediate interview please email Staff Match your up to date CV or call 0333 323 3983