We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Nursery Manager to join a lovely nursery in Harrow North London. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on management style, excellent knowledge and understanding EYFS and statutory welfare requirements.
NNEB, Cache, or NVQ level 3 Childcare qualification or above
Experience of leading and motivating teams
Track record of involvement in Ofsted inspections
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
Some of the Nursery Manager responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment, training and development of staff team ensuring all staff understand and follow nursery policy and procedures.
- To work closely with the director and manage budgets, occupancy levels and KPI’s.
- To assist in the recruitment of nursery staff, manage inductions, supervisions and appraisals.
- To lead the team and support in EYFS planning and ensure children are learning and being cared for in a safe, caring environment.
- To ensure children’s observations, assessment and development records are maintained.
- To manage marketing activities, such as newsletters, open days, promotions etc.
- To have lead responsibility of Safeguarding and Health & Safety, ensuring all staff follow policy and procedures.
- To promote diversity and equal opportunity.
- To work in partnership with parents forming caring and trusting relationships.
- To ensure professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- To lead by example working in a flexible manner and promoting high standards of care and education.
- To work 40 hours per week (shifts between 7.30am -6.30pm Monday to Friday)
Training ongoing support and further career prospects
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
For immediate interview please email Staff Match your up to date CV or call 0333 323 3983