We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Nursery Manager to join lovely nursery in Maidenhead, Berkshire. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on management style, experience of managing Ofsted Inspections, excellent knowledge and understanding EYFS curriculum and be an inspirational team leader.
Experience of leading and motivating teams
Experience of managing Safeguarding and Health & Safety
Track record of involvement in Ofsted Inspections
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
Some of the Nursery Manager responsibilities will include:
- Key holder responsibility and managing daily running and administration of the nursery
- Compliance to Ofsted regulatory requirements, Children Act and Health and Safety legislation
- Partnership working with parents and key interfacing groupsStaff recruitment, induction, ongoing supervisions, conducting regular staff assessments, recognising training needs, monitoring training and developing teamwork.
- Organising regular staff meetings and training.
- Working with EYFS Curriculum, care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Supervision of the planning and preparation of activities to develop all aspects of the child's individual development in a stimulating atmosphere.
- Ensuring developmental records and observations are kept
- Ensuring staff adhere to and understand all nursery policy and proceduresAdministration and finance of all nursery activities as directed by the director to manage budgets and keep accurate records of staffing, payroll, banking, petty cash, and all other activities as requested.
- Issue of invoices and collection of fees, and meeting agreed targets.
- Maintaining staff ratios and ensuring staff are deployed effectively to carry out the correct preparation of bottles and babies' feeds, nappy changes, laundry duties and supervision of meals.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- To ensure the nursery is running to its full capacity by effectively managing enquiries, conducting show-rounds, operating a waiting list, as appropriate, and advance booking children's places to the required levels
- To attend out of working hours’ activities, to include training, staff meetings, parents’ evenings and special events
Training ongoing support and career development
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
For immediate interview please email Staff Match your up to date CV or call 0333 323 3983