We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Nursery Manager to join a lovely nursery in St Albans, Hertfordshire. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on management style, excellent knowledge and understanding EYFS and statutory welfare requirements.
NVQ level 3 Childcare qualification or above
Experience of leading and motivating teams
Track record of involvement in Ofsted inspections
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
Some of the Nursery Manager responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment, training and development of staff team ensuring all staff understand and follow nursery policy and procedures.
- To work closely with the director and manage budgets, occupancy levels and KPI’s.
- To assist in the recruitment of nursery staff, manage inductions, supervisions and appraisals.
- To lead the team and support in EYFS planning and ensure children are learning and being cared for in a safe, caring environment.
- To ensure children’s observations, assessment and development records are maintained.
- To manage marketing activities, such as newsletters, open days, promotions etc.
- To have lead responsibility of Safeguarding and Health & Safety, ensuring all staff follow policy and procedures.
- To promote diversity and equal opportunity.
- To work in partnership with parents forming caring and trusting relationships.
- To ensure professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- To lead by example working in a flexible manner and promoting high standards of care and education.
Training ongoing support and further career prospects