An opportunity has arisen for a level 3 Room leader to join a warm and friendly nursery in St Albans, Heartfordshire. If you enjoy doing exciting activities with children under 3 years of age and have good knowledge of EYFS curriculum, we want to hear from you.
NNEB, Cache, NVQ level 3 Childcare qualification or equivalent
Knowledge of EYFS Curriculum and supporting children under 3 years of age
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Some of the Room leader responsibilities will Include:
- Key worker responsibilities to a small group of children ensuring their individual, physical, emotional and educational needs are met
- To carry out regular observation and assessments on key children and plan activities in line with each individual child’s needsBuilding positive relationships with families and careers.
- Demonstrate inclusive practice and positive behavior management techniques
- To comply with all nursery policy and procedures
- To work with EYFS curriculum promoting diversity and ensuring delivery of learning opportunities in a fun and caring environment.
- Directing staff in the rooom and ensuring high standards of care, ratio’s daily records and checks such as sleep charts, nappy change, daily diary sheets are maintained
- To share the responsibility of hygiene and cleanliness with the nursery and report any hazards to the nursery manager
- To attend monthly staff meetings, training and events as required
Opportunities for ongoing professional development and further training
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
For immediate interview please email Staff Match your up to date CV or call 0333 323 3983