Our client seeks a full-time Room leader to join their lovely nursery in Southgate, London. Candidates will need to demonstrate excellent knowledge and understanding EYFS, providing emotionally secure, warm, stimulating safe environments and leadership skills.
Early Years Education and Childcare qualification at level 3 or above
Good knowledge of Safeguarding
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Some of the Room leader responsibilities will include:
- Over viewing planning sheets and record keeping of all the staff in your room
- Ensuring routines are being followed and run smoothly
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are being followed by all staff
- Being an excellent role model to the other staff in your room
- Manage staff effectively, ensuring ratio’s are maintained throughout the setting.
- To provide a wide and varied range of activities for the children individually and as a group appropriate to their needs and developmental stage
- Maintain a clean and tidy nursery and garden area and ensure books, toys and equipment are clean and in good orderAct as a key person for a group of children, ensure their progress records are maintained.
- Work in partnership with parents, consulting and sharing information with them about the needs and progress of their children
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, parent’s evenings, and training as required
Excellent benefits in include training, uniform, and further career progression.
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
For immediate interview please email Staff Match your up to date CV or call 0333 323 3983