Staff Match are working on behalf of a well-established nursery in Maidenhead, Berkshire and are recruiting a full-time Room Leader. The ideal candidate must have good organisational and team building skills
NVQ level 3 Childcare qualification or equivalent
Good working knowledge of EYFS curriculum and planning
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Some of the Room Leader responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and directing room staff, students and apprentices.
- Carrying out daily risk assessments and ensuring the environment and equipment used is safe for children and staff.
- Ensuring each individual child learning and development needs are met by carrying out regular observations and planning activities to support their ongoing development.
- Working with EYFS curriculum and ensuring staff embed principles in daily practice.
- Ensuring all staff understand and adhere to the nursery policy and procedures.
- Working in partnership working with parents, careers and other childcare professionals.
- Attending staff meetings, nursery open days, training as required.
- To work 40 hours per week.
In house training, uniform, genuine career development, pension.
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
For immediate interview please email Staff Match your up to date CV or call 0333 323 3983