We are recruiting a level 3 Room leader to join a lovely nursery in based in Watford, Hertfordshire. Candidates must have a real passion for wanting to work with children under 5 years of age and a good working knowledge of EYFS Curriculum.
NNEB, Cache or NVQ level 3 Childcare qualification
Experience of working in a childcare setting and supporting children’s development
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Pediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Some of the responsibilities the Room leader will include:
- Supporting and motivating staff in the room and ensuring adult/child ratios are met, using your initiative and imagination to generate new ideas
- Ensuring the Nursery runs smoothly whilst having enthusiasm and passion for providing high quality care
- Building strong relationships with parents, children and welcome visitors to the Nursery
- Planning, implementing and evaluating a curriculum appropriate to age and individual needs of the children ensuring the room layout supports these aims
- A good understanding of the EYFS and to be able to use this to plan activities for the children
- Awareness of planning, observing and record keeping for young children and the ability to link these to the individual child’s needs
- Attending parent’s evenings and par take in open days, summer fairs etc.
- To work 40 hours per week between the nursery operating hours of 7.30am -6.30pm
Excellent benefits including training, uniform, pension, healthcare scheme and further career progression.
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
For immediate interview please email Staff Match your up to date CV or call 0333 323 3983