Based in Southgate, North London, Staff Match are recruiting for a full-time Room Leader Candidates will need to have a good understanding of EYFS curriculum, be caring and have a genuine desire to working with children under 5 years of age.
NNEB, Cache, NVQ level 3 Childcare qualification
Experience of motivating and leading teams
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Some of the Room leader responsibilities will include:
- To work within the framework of the Children Act, the Early Years Foundation Stage, Statutory Framework, the Nursery’s Policies and Procedures and current legislation relating to childcare
- To implement and evaluate a plan of suitable experiences and activities for the children in your care, providing a safe and stimulating environment for the children to develop.
- To ensure that health and safety and security measures are constantly maintained
- Preparation and maintenance of appropriate children’s records, observations and learning journeys and a system of planning for individuals needs and next steps
- To work in close partnership with parents and key interfacing groups.
- To attend ALL out of working hours’ activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parent’s evenings, events, etc.
- To organise room meetings to ensure good team motivation, information sharing and planning.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality in relation to children, families, staff and the nursery.
- Supervise, direct, support, motivate and performance manage the staff team. To identify training needs of your room staff.
- Working 40 hours per week
Uniform, training and career prospects
Excellent benefits in include training, uniform, and further career progression.