Based in Mortlake , East London, Staff Match are recruiting for a 2 full-time Room Leaders for Baby and Toddler Room. Candidates will need to have a good understanding of EYFS curriculum, be caring and have a genuine desire to working with children under 2 years of age.
NVQ level 3 Childcare qualification
Experience of motivating and leading teams
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- To work within the framework of the Children Act, the Early Years Foundation Stage, Statutory Framework, the Nursery’s Policies and Procedures and current legislation relating to childcare
- To implement and evaluate a plan of suitable experiences and activities for the children in your care, providing a safe and stimulating environment for the children to develop.
- To ensure that health and safety and security measures are constantly maintainedPreparation and maintenance of appropriate children’s records, observations and learning journeys and a system of planning for individuals needs and next steps.
- To work in close partnership with parents and key interfacing groups.
- To attend ALL out of working hours’ activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parent’s evenings, events, etc.
- To organise room meetings to ensure good team motivation, information sharing and planning.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality in relation to children, families, staff and the nursery.Supervise, direct, support, motivate and performance manage the staff team.
- To identify training needs of your room staff.
- Working 40 hours per week
Excellent benefits that include training, uniform, and further career progression.